Sunday, February 27, 2011

Picture Show

Well folks, winter is most definitely on its way out (let us all praise the Lord together), but up here in PA it has not left the building yet. It is 50 or so outside right now, but last Monday Mother Nature dumped about a foot of snow on us. This was a good thing--it meant I got the day off from school and the chance to take a lovely winter's walk. Along the way I snapped some shots, which I will now share with all of you.

Actually, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Our neighborhood is just so cool looking--so many of the houses have been around for decades, many longer than that. I love, love, love the fact that you can walk up the sidewalk to Frick Park with its miles and miles of uninterrupted forest and hiking trails, or perhaps to your favorite local coffee shop, all while
passing these sights along the way. Plus, everything looks quainter (just made up that word) with snow dumped on it, so I figure that now is just as good a time as any to show you where we live.

(I apologize in advance for the poor quality of these pics. Some I took out of my car window and ALL I took on my state of the art, 5.1 pixel Nikon Coolpix, which I've had since sophomore year of college--they just don't make 'em like this anymore, folks. . . because technology has come a long way in the last six years. Ah, well--enjoy!)



There you have it. Tiny favor to ask: if anyone has any wisdom on how to load pictures on blogspot, pleeeeeeaaase leave a comment and H.A.S.U. (hook a sista up).

1 comment: